Serving the Lord for over 60 years
God spoke to me when I was a teenager to be in Jewish ministry therefore I have been serving the Lord since 1954. I have conducted Bible studies, telephone ministries, Bible prophesy conferences in churches and have been taking people to Israel since 1961. I co-labored with my first wife, Jean, for over 50 years and after her death, God brought JoAnne into my life. We now co-labor mainly in the Boston and NH area and hope to continue to take people to Israel for many years to come.
Rev. Ken Meyers has been involved in the service of the Lord for over 50 years, specifically His calling has been to God’s chosen people. In 1973 he was a volunteer in the Yom Kippur war; he volunteered because of his love for the Holy Scriptures and God’s plan for the nation of Israel. He was involved in radio work for Friends of Israel for over 49 years; the programs were called “Israel my Glory” and “Message to Israel”. He has taught in many seminaries and churches on various topics always relating to God’s purpose for the nation of Israel and His chosen people. He has taught in many of Bible institute and colleges including: Prairie Bible Institute in Alberta, Mtn. View Bible College in Ditsbury, Alberta, Bethel Bible College in Calgary, Alberta, Suncoast Bible Institute in Bradenton, FL, just to name a few. He has traveled extensively in Israel, Europe and South America for the purpose of teaching and witnessing about God’s plan. He is presently working on a book which will be called “A matter of interpretation” which he hopes to have published in the future.
JoAnne grew up in Middlebury, VT and they both recently relocated to live there from Richmond, NH.
JoAnne went to MUHS and graduated in 1975 then to Champlain College for a year, worked at Addison Independent then in 1978-79 attended Word of Life Bible Institute because I wanted to have an intensive course in the Bible. After finishing my year there I went to Israel for the first time on a tour. In 1993 met Ken and his lovely wife, Jean and went on a tour with them and then again in 2001.
After we both lost our spouses, the Lord put us together to continue to serve Him in the years to come. JoAnne assists Ken with the quarterly newsletter and any other secretarial tasks that are needed, also any correspondence with churches and handling the itinerary for any upcoming meetings. Last year we were able to put a tour to Israel together and that was such a blessing to be with people seeing Israel for the first time!
This is the basis of what we believe:
1. We believe in the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in our faith.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, the Father (Abba), the Son (Ben) and the Holy Spirit (Bird).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and was truly man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which separates us from God. Also that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood and sanctified believers, which involves our being set apart for God’s redemption unto a progressive work by the Holy Spirit through the Scriptures to be completely like Christ at His appearing.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe that at any moment the rapture of the saved may occur when the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven to catch up His people to meet them in the air.
8. We believe in a personal, bodily, pre-millennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ to set up His kingdom on earth.
9. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith and that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
10. We believe that baptism is a symbol of one’s union, by faith, with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection and therefore is to be administered to those who have given evidence of faith in Christ as their personal Savior.
11. We believe that the Lord’s Supper should be observed to the command “this do in remembrance of Me”. It consists of partaking of the consecrated elements of the bread and the cup and symbolizes the death of Christ for the remission of our sins and our continual dependence upon Him for our sustenance. It witnesses that mystical union of the believer with Christ. The union of believers around the Lord’s table should be open to all who are in right relationship with one another and the Lord.
12. We believe in the security of the saints, that all who truly are born again are kept by God, the Father, for Jesus Christ.
13. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment for the lost.
14. Finally, we seek to follow the Lord Jesus Christ and as we do so, that the fruit of the Spirit will become more evident in and through our lives.